We all deserve a few days off! And with summer in full swing, it’s likely you’ve booked your trip and are already counting down the days. Though you may dread packing, time draws near to your relaxing getaway. Which vacation jewelry will you bring to compliment your sundresses, shorts, and sandals? Here are a few tips and suggestions on what to pack this summer–
- Bring your less expensive jewelry. Leave your finest pieces at home and only pack jewelry that you could absolutely live without just in case something gets lost along the way — especially true if you have kids.
- Speaking of misplaced belongings, be sure to pack your jewelry in your carry-on when taking flight. Checked luggage is more likely to get lost in the netherworld between flights, so keep your valuables nearby.
- Pack funky pieces with eccentric flair. Vacations are all about escaping the norm, so adorn yourself with jazzy jewelry that allows you to be whoever you want when touring uncharted territory.
- Wear lots of sunscreen. But beware, its oiliness may cause rings to slip right off your finger.
- Again, don’t bring your most expensive jewelry or any piece you aren’t ultimately prepared to lose. You might want to leave your three carat engagement ring home and in its place, wear a simple silver band.
- Don’t pack your vacation jewelry in Ziploc bags. Your jewelry needs to breathe in a cool, dry place that’s well ventilated.
- Don’t wear your jewelry in the pool; Chlorine can damage jewelry. Even if you’re only sporting it poolside, be sure to thoroughly clean your adornments afterward and dry them well.
- Salt and sand aren’t good for your jewelry, either. Sand is abrasive. It can degrade metal finishes and scratch softer gemstones. Also, salt corrodes jewelry, especially rose gold which contains copper alloy.
- To be safe, remove your jewelry before hanging out near the water.
Here are some cool fashion jewelry to compliment your vacay-outfit. Be that stylish tourist as you plunge into the water or stroll down the streets.
Stack them up or wear it alone. Available in different colors.